1 box of refrigerated pie peels 2 (best Pillsbury)
2 (14-16 oz) frozen black berries bags
1 stick butter dissolved
11⁄3 sugar cups (for berries)
Flour cup 1⁄2
3⁄4 cup of sugar (for the cortex)
1⁄2 butter cut into small cubes
1⁄2 Glass of Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap one pie crust and place it on the bottom and top sides of a 12-inch cast iron frying pan.
3 – Bottom pierce and sides of the crust with fork.
- Bake 7 minutes; Lifts from the oven.
5- Bring the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, 11⁄3 sugar cups and flour.
Place the berries in a bowl with butter/sugar/flour mixture; Stir until the berries are covered and the mixture becomes crumbly.
8 gently pour berries into a frying pan; Sprinkle water on berries.
Wrap the second pie crust over the berries, closing the edges of the pan.
Scatter small pieces of butter over the crust.
- Put 3⁄4 sugar cups over the crust.
- Small cracks at the top of the pie crust.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until champagne at the edges and start to brown on top.
- (I strongly recommend a pie shield to prevent the edges of the crust from burning.)