- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 giant Yukon Gold potato, in the raw and diced
- 1 medium carrot, in the raw and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- Leaves from a pair of sprigs recent thyme
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp general-purpose flour
- 2 cups burnt chicken, sliced (I cooked 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 factory-made or homemade pie shell
- 1 egg or egg yolk, gently overwhelmed
Add the potato, carrot, onion, celery, and thyme. Season to style. Simmer for quarter-hour, or till the vegetables area unit tender.
While the vegetables area unit boiling, whisk along the milk and flour in a very little cup or bowl. once vegetables area unit prepared, slowly add the milk and flour mixture, stirring till the filling has thickened.
Remove the pan from the warmth and stir within the chicken and peas. Add the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate.
cowl with the pie shell and cut a number of slits on high. using a brush, paint the top with egg wash.
Place the pie plate on a sheet pan to catch any drippings (it can surface and drip, therefore do not forget this step otherwise you can need to clean the lowest of your kitchen appliance!) and place the sheet pan within the oven.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or till filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
I HOPE YOU’LL ENJOY THE RECIPE !!