- 2 (8-oz.) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough, divided use
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with enough foil to cover bottom of pan and create “handles” for removing from bars from pan. Spray with cooking spray.
2) Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching it to reach edges.
3) Mix zest of 1-1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread over crescent roll dough layer.
4) Unroll second can of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer. Mix remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle over butter.
5) Bake until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Lift dessert from baking dish and using foil handles transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares, leaving on foil. Return dessert to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Yield: 12 to 16 bars.