- 6 cups shredded hash browns
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green or red peppers diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half or heavy cream
- A few dashes of hot sauce, I like Franks Red Hot
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees , Put potatoes in a bowl and pour melted butter over and stir until combined.
Pour into 9×13 dish and press to make a crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
Brown sausage with onions and peppers. Drain.
In a medium bowl whisk eggs, half & half or cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle sausage, onions, and pepper mixture over the potato crust.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage.
Pour egg mixture over all.
Reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake 20-25 minutes or eggs are set in the center.